Resistance is Futile...
• Leave me a comment saying "Resistance is Futile."
• I'll respond by asking you five questions so I can satisfy my curiosity
• Update your journal with the answers to the questions
• Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions
Kristen999's questions and my answers
1) Science or mystery, which is the reason you got into genetics?
I think it was the science, initially, but it's the mystery that keeps me intrigued. When I started college, they thought there were 100,000 genes in the human genome, now that number is between 25,000 and 28,000 (and some think it is closer to 20,000), yet we humans are incredibly complex. Every time there's a major discovery in genetics we realize how little we still know.
2) Einstein or Aristotle? Who would you want to have dinner with?
Einstein - his thoughts on some matters are fascinating, plus he had a sense of humor.
3) Would you rather explore the ocean or space?
The ocean - there's a lot we still don't know and haven't explored. Some of the deepsea creatures that have been spotted are incredible.
4) Which fanfic by any author would you have liked to see turned into an episode of Stargate Atlantis?
I have to pick one?
5) If you ran into Joe at the con outside the autograph and photo op lines, what would you ask or say to him?
I'd love to talk politics, books, coffee, or beer with him! For a quick question, I'd ask how the day's surfing was!